Sunday, May 23, 2010

Being Iceland-y

I'm one week out from flying to Iceland! This is another trip abroad to sing and it will be largely unplanned. Compared to singing in England and Wales last year this is balls out no agenda which actually has me anticipating the trip all the more. Itineraries are out the window and the opportunity for adventure is ripe!

When I arrive, I will be taking the Golden Circle tour with a good chunk of my group. Can't wait to take my new Nikon D3000 DSLR for a spin!!! My roomie and I have talked about going hiking and driving around the country for a day as well- so amped to throw caution to the wind and explore!

The only restrictions on time will be for rehearsals which will be on Thursday and Friday night. The National Phil will be singing with Vox Academica, a 70 voice choir led by Hakon Leifsson in a concert on Saturday, June 5, 2 pm in the Langholtskirkja where Bjork performed on her Volta tour. I am most excited to sing an Ave Maria by Icelandic composer Hjálmar Ragnarsson. The chords in the song are hauntingly beautiful and very characteristic of Icelandic music.

Sjáumst seinna!

No comments:

Post a Comment