Sunday, May 16, 2010

Icelandish


Time to get pumped!!! I'm less than 2 weeks out from venturing to Iceland! This trip is going to be amazing.

I love that my destination is random and not a country one would first think of to visit. From all the pictures I've seen and everything people have told me I can't wait to experience Reykjavik!!

To prep, I've really done my homework to learn as much as I can about Iceland. I'm positive I've Googled everything about the country and have perused my 2 guidebooks multiple times (one suggested a visit to the Icelandic Phallological Museum. I think a visit there is in order as my hotel looks as if it's in walking distance). I've also read Arnaldur IndriĆ°ason's crime fiction, The Draining Lake. Overall it was a good read with an interesting view of the Cold War political climate in Iceland- not a bad translation either.

Shout out to some awesome Twitter peeps, @IcelandNatural and @LaughingPuffin for providing great Twitter feeds and answering all my questions.

Discovering Iceland's lively capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment